Sunday, April 20, 2014

First Easter

Today is Easter Sunday.  It would have been Ellie's first Easter.  A day when she would have been wearing a really cute Easter dress, and I would have loved showing her off to everyone at Easter dinner with the family.  Instead, she spent her first Easter in Heaven.  I'm sad knowing that she didn't get to have those first photos taken with a scary Easter bunny, or get to wear little bunny ears, or have everyone oh and ah over her.  Those special memories just won't happen, and there's not much more to say other than I am immensely sad and missing her very much. 

Easter is supposed to be a time of happiness.  A sign of hope and spring eternal.  It just somehow doesn't feel like that to me today.  Perhaps it is because this is the first Easter without her, or just because she's not here at all.  Either way, I'm not feeling overly joyous today like most others seem to be on this holiday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment