Monday, April 21, 2014

Safety

I attended a different support group meeting tonight.  It is extremely helpful being able to have support group meetings twice a month.  I've come to realize that there is safety in numbers.  This may sound strange but I feel safe being with those who can truly understand the pain that I feel on a daily basis.  These individuals often think the same thoughts I do, struggle the ways I do, and just get me when I talk about the loss of my child.  Unfortunately, they have been through the death of a child - and nothing compares to it.  We all realize we will never be the same and we can all embrace and support each other through something as simple as just talking in a circle.  No one else fully knows our pain, and though we all wish we did not have to experience it, at least we have each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment