Saturday, April 19, 2014

Gran Note

As I was going through all of the cards we received from friends and family and trying to organize them into one place, the note my Gran had written to us ended up on top of the pile.  I have not shared it before, but I felt like sharing it tonight.  Since tomorrow is Easter, it seems like a good message to re-read.  Here is what she wrote:

"There is no way to know the pain you feel, There is no way to know the hurt that is only yours, There is no way to know the LOVE you hold so dear, There is no way to know how strong little Ellie is; Only God and time can make life better for you - But know our love for all of you is deeper than the deepest love." 

Then on the other side of the note was this:
"Yes, Ellie is your sunshine, your only sunshine, who will make you happy when skies are gray, you will never know, Case and Doug, how much she loves you, please never take that love away from you."

She is right on all accounts, as my Gran often is in her wisdom.  As I face our first Easter without Ellie, I'll be sure to read this note many times tomorrow as I think about our sweet daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment