Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Too Deep

C.S. Lewis said, "Life is too deep for words, so don't try to describe it, just live it."  I don't have many words today.  I'm coming down with something and I haven't felt my best.  But even when I feel my worst, I still think to myself, at least I CAN feel.  Ellison will never get to experience the best, and worst, that life has to offer, so I am trying to limit my complaining.  I can think back to the times when I was growing up and I thought that some event was surely too insurmountable and I pouted and felt miserable for myself.  And no words really ever comforted me now that I look back on this - but actions did.  As the saying goes, actions speak louder than words.  Watching others carry on with life who have been in my shoes makes me realize that doing just that myself is what I need to do.  It's like that saying usually attributed to Francis of Assisi, "Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words."  Sometimes doing is just better than saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment