Sunday, April 13, 2014

Forward

I really miss Ellie today.  I've been doing spring cleaning all day to distract myself.  It seems that random days bring random feelings of emptiness.  This afternoon I found myself searching for inspirational words on the internet to push me on.  I can't be strong all the time and I do need pushes every now and then to keep pressing forward.  And then I stumbled upon this quote:  "If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward" by Martin Luther King, Jr. 

It's ok to crawl somedays.  Just like that saying, life is a marathon, not a sprint, well so too is grieving.  As long as I'm moving forwards then I'm accomplishing something.  Somedays I feel like sprinting through my emotions, other days I feel like crawling through them, but at least I'm confronting them, and that means I'm moving forward.  Today it just so happens that I'm slowly meandering through feelings of sadness because I miss her...I miss her a lot.  And that's ok because I'm still going forward...

1 comment: