Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Angel's Footsteps

I do not have much to say today.  I'm guess I'm not feeling overly verbose, for once.  I will share one ironic thing that has occurred today.  After watching Jeopardy this evening (yes, I'm not ashamed to admit that - I learn something new each show, and sometimes I even know some, or a lot, of the answers depending on the day), my husband turned the channel to an old Law and Order re-run. 
Of course the story line revolved around a little girl named Ellie.  As that song goes, there's "Always something there to remind me....I was born to love you, And I will never be free, You'll always be a part of me."

As I was singing that song in my head, I thought of another quote I felt like I wanted to share.  Apparently this quote was written on a church wall in Upwaltham, England and I stumbled upon it a long time ago:

"I will not wish thee riches nor the glow of greatness, but that wherever thou go, some weary heart shall gladden at thy smile, or shadowed life know sunshine for awhile.  And so thy path shall be a track of light, like angel's footsteps passing through the night." 

Ellie is my track of light.  And I need to pass it on and follow the wishes in this writing on the wall...

No comments:

Post a Comment