Friday, March 28, 2014

The Sky

As I was driving in to work this morning, I noticed how pretty the sky looked.  It seemed like half of the sky was this bluish gray color, and then there was a sharp line where the other half turned into a yellowish orange pink sky.  It made me realize that I haven't been noticing things like these pretty skies recently.  It made me think of a quote by C.S. Lewis:  "Her absence is like the sky, spread over everything." 

When I make a more concerted effort to look at things like the sky around sunrise and sunset, it will remind me both of her absence as well as her presence.  I'm reminded of her absence now as I prepare to watch my team play in the Sweet 16.  It would have been the perfect opportunity to dress her in a little UVA outfit and I would have loved that memory.  But at the same time, as I head out to meet up with some of my friends as the sun sets, her presence is apparent in the pretty colors of the sky.  It's only fitting to think that her beauty is reflected in the skies and that she's painting me a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment