Sunday, March 30, 2014

Garden

Yesterday marked two months since we lost Ellie.  And it's been raining pretty much all weekend.  When it rains and the sun does not shine it sometimes makes me feel even more sad.  But as I was leaving dinner with good friends, the sun had reappeared after a lengthy absence.  I realized April is right around the corner.  The weather should begin to get warmer and my Seasonal Affective Disorder should start to fade.  Warm, sunny days lie ahead even if I may not see them coming. 

Of course April showers bring May flowers.  So I'm sure the rain will still hang around some to dampen my mood, especially when it rains on days that mark sad milestones.  But that rain does serve a purpose - it allows the flowers to bloom and thus renews life.  And as Claudia Ghandi said  "If I had a single flower for every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden." 
And on I walk...

1 comment: